Friday, October 23, 2009

If You Ever Wonder if There are Still Gypsies in the World


I stumbled across this blog called The Hermitage (a blog of a nomadic couple living in the UK) quite by accident and I was immediately transfixed. I cannot even say for sure if it is the writing style and the way she tells stories about their life, the pictures which are wonderful, or the gypsy-like home they live in, or maybe their nomadic life which is such a far cry from my own. What I can say for sure is that the artwork is wonderfully detailed, whimsical, and yet showing a great depth of emotion. Even if it isn't your taste (it is mine) you cannot deny Rima is incredibly talented.


Please take a few minutes to check it out and just try to imagine yourself living a modern day nomadic life in the UK, could you?

































































No comments:

Post a Comment