Sunday, October 4, 2009

Shower Remodel Complete!

I've mentioned a few times the shower remodel we undertook 6 months ago. Yes 6 months is a long time, too long. If we were solely focused on the shower it would have been done much sooner, but work, kids, summer vacations and starting school in the fall all created a much slower pace than we would have wished for. All that said, it turned out just beautifully and my Tile Master (yup, I promoted him from just the The Tile Guy) should seriously take this up as a second job.

So here is what we started with when we bought our house a little over a year ago. Sorry they aren't better photos, but you get the picture. It wasn't a terrible shower, but not great either. It was 3/4 high cream ceramic tile with a molded plastic base. Our shower is a double, basically the size of a tub but without the tub. We debated quite a bit adding the tub but neither of us are big bathers and we enjoyed the large double shower more. The real issue was it was poorly constructed over regular sheetrock and when we bought the house we did not know of all the water damage behind the tiles.

From Chancellor Old Photos


From Chancellor Old Photos


And here is the new shower! It is all travertine marble with bronze hardware, the tiling goes up to the ceiling now and is laid in a subway tile fashion with the mosaic insert about 3/4 high on the wall. There is a small bench for sitting and 4 shelves for shampoos, etc. We decided to reuse the existing shower doors and spray painted them bronze, we were pretty psyched to see how well the final paint job matched. If you look closely you can see the recently promoted Tile Master showing off his handywork. Yes, that is the look of sheer relief on his face.
From Master Bath Remodel

From Master Bath Remodel

From Master Bath Remodel

So, did you notice all that happiness on the tile master's face? That picture was taken last night. I did not take a picture of his face when this happened this morning in the hallway shower we've all been using during the remodel...but I think you can imagine it...
From Chancellor Dr

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful job! I hope you paid the tile master a bonus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful job! That tile master is great, I'd hire him...but, not for 6 mo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the bathroom! Had to laugh at that soap dish. Wish I could have seen tile master's face. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tile job looks so fab. I know the feeling of the accident in the bath tube. Both of our up stairs bathrooms ended up like this due to our maid holding onto them while cleaning the tubs.

    I'm sure our lame builder was at fault for them comming off so easy. Our house was built in 2002, so you can't blame it on old age...LOL

    Love your stuff, it's too bad you're not my neighbor. I wish I could find someone in my area that shares my passion for thrifting,painting & fixing up stuff. I live in the Houston area if anyone one wants to hook up and and craft.

    PS.. I love the 80's too and no one comes close to the original songs that were done way back then......Boo Hoo for that.

    Cristine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cristine! It has certainly been a looong project but we are so happy it is done. We are now driving ourselves nuts trying to figure out how we want the rest of the bathroom completed without going crazy over budget. Once we do I'll be sure to share it here, In fact I think I'll post my mood board soon to get some feedback.

    Good luck finding a Houston decorating buddy! I feel a bit alone with it here too, though I know I'm not really. It is hard being busy women and finding new friends at the same time.

    ReplyDelete