Saturday, October 3, 2009

Kitchen Inspirations

I'm taking a little break from finance talk to show you my kitchen inspirations. Early on in this blog I showed off my mini kitchen remodel when we painted our existing standard oak kitchen cabinets and an antique china cabinet to give our 80's kitchen a little more interest. You can see that post here.

Ever since then, I've been dreaming of my real kitchen, the one with new cabinetry, stainless appliances and lots of countertop space because I love to cook. I was always vexed by the layout of our kitchen because our house is not small but the kitchen feels smaller than it should be given the space. And voila! I saw this kitchen and a concept was born.


When I saw this picture I knew what we could do, which is to flip the existing layout and use the entire length of the longest wall which is only half used today, remove the eat-in dining area and add a long large island like the one above. It essentially takes my kitchen now shoved in one half of a rectangle and uses the entire rectangle. Yeah I know it's a hard concept to visualize, sorry. Once I'm done with my online layout planning I'll share so you can see what I really mean. This project is a couple years in the future, though I secretly hope it is only a year away. I can dream and scheme and save till then and it will happen. In the meantime here are more pictures of my inspiration kitchens. I think you can pick out the theme...

From Brooklyn Limestone Blog

Source Unknown


Source Unknown

Sorry for all the unknown sources, I added these pictures to my inspiration file a while ago and I've lost track of where they came from, but if you know give me a holler and I'll add them.

No comments:

Post a Comment